OMAHA

OMAHA

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

How I learned about Bears.


The story of how I learned about Bears starts in the year 1993. That was the year of my first crush. He was a short stocky kid that was on the wrestling team. I was so drawn to him and I thought I was weird. For some reason I didn't think I was weird that I was attracted to a guy, I thought it was weird I was attracted to the bigger jock kid. Hormones kicked in and thoughts invaded my brain.

 I didn't know I was a bear then, but I knew there was something different about me. So I went off to college and that opened up my eyes. My second real crush was during that time. A Lineman from the Football team that was in my 8 in the morning Math class. I didn't do that well in that class. The number of times I would sneak a peek at him was the only thing I was counting. Around that time I searched online about the feeling I was having. I found out there was something called Bears. In 1999, there wasn't a lot of resources for a young bear. Now, there are so many resources. From movies, to t.v. to Internet shows. Bears are in a brighter spotlight. I remember I found a book called Bears talk to Bears.... or something like that. I found it at Boarders in Omaha. I was so nervous checking out, but I flipped through it and found a place to call home

I have always been attracted to bigger guys. When I found out that I was a Bear, I never thought it was funny. I just thought, there is finally something that I can call myself. During that whole time in high school and college, I was so afraid that people would not understand. In a self awareness I found the blueprint of my identity. I am a Bear and I am proud of who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment